Saturday, April 7, 2012

Mohair!

Do any of you remember mohair yarn and wrapping a boyfriend's class ring with it so it would fit your finger and be all fluffly and soft?
 
We are now "manufacturing" mohair on the hoof! As of today, I'm the ESTATIC owner of 2 Angora does (yearlings). I am so excited and LUCKY!
 
They have had their Spring shearing but have some long curls on their undersides that need trimmed to have their whole coat the same length so I'm looking forward to have a handful of their soft locks. I'm not sure what I'll do with a small handful, but if nothing else I can start to learn about the feel of fiber! I should be able to shear them this Fall just before breeding season.
 
I'll try to get some pics tomorrow. They are twins and just adorable!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I LOVED my angoras and I sure do miss them! They are so quiet and laid back. Have fun with them!

    ReplyDelete