Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Statistics & Numbers

At times I find myself intrigued by statistics and others just have a moment of pondering them.... So today I'm going to post of few of the most recent ones that have caught my attention.

35% of adult men (married) will have an affair
25% of adult women (married) will have an affair
Ok, so where are the 10% who are the differing # being most will have an affair with the opposite sex?

On the news, it's reported that the CDC says 1 out of 4 teen girls has a sexually transmitted disease and 1 in 5 of those who only had one sexual encounter will have one! I think it's past time that all parents teach their teens (boys and girls) about STD's instead of only being concerned with teen pregnancy (which is also extremely important). It was reported it IS an education problem.

Currently there are 68,000,000 individuals with an STD
There are 15,300,000 new STD cases each year
3,000,000 teenagers acquire an STD each year

In this midwestern state, the average of 2 people per day die because they have no health insurance! Being statistics are averages, that will vary but would also probably be the same for most midwestern states.

36,000 people die annually from the flu! Many of these are tots! Please please stay home if you are sick and also, keep your hands immaculately clean if you are ailing! Teach kids to wash their hands regularly. :)

And the highlight of the statistics and numbers I have today is something to put a smile on my face..... It's SPRING! (But why did I have to get 7 inches of snow within 12 hours yesterday? Geez! I guess Mother Nature didn't get the memo about Welcome Spring?)

No comments:

Post a Comment