Thursday, January 5, 2012

Project Storage!

After years of desire.... and I DO mean YEARS....
I'm FINALLY getting some storage shelves that I've wanted sooooo badly! I was trying to figure out how to put them in myself, but hubby kept telling me I "can't do that".  Well, nephew Mick is going to put them in for me!
 
I'll FINALLY have a shelf the cream separator (it's a BEAST) can set on and not have to be moved, etc.! And milk jars will have a better place to set when not in use. And my small collection of pitchers and decorated jars I store goodies in will have a place to "pretty up" while being practical.
 
Also, my pressure canners, stock pots and such will have a "permanent" place to be instead of being toe stubbers.
 
AND, on the end will be floor to ceiling book shelves for all my cookbooks! They can be out of their boxes and better accessed! I'll be able to get to those with the little sticky tabs sticking up from something I want to make!
 
I'm also hoping for a floor-to-ceiling cupboard added on the edge of the kitchen. This house has ALWAYS been lacking storage space and over the years, my kitchen acquisitions and such have expanded.
 
The good news is, we have MOST of the materials needed and may only need some shelf wood and a door for the cupboard. YAH!!!!
 
I have soooo needed all this for sooooo long! Mick is off work for the Winter and was tickled to have something to do. He'll probably have BIL's help as they enjoy puttzin around together doing guy stuff. They came out the other day to help me with getting all the cut and split wood from the edge of the woods up here for our wood heat, and they cut some extra too. They also cut a couple trees off my fence that were in bad need of being done. I was trying to do them with a hand saw and getting no where fast other than the saw eventually broke.
 
Can you tell I'm excited about some storage space? REALLY EXCITED!

No comments:

Post a Comment