Tuesday, September 25, 2012

MYO Mixes Tip

 
Do you have myo mixes instead of buying them? I've gotten back to making mine because of all the sugar and preservatives in the store-bought ones. Plus it's just plain cheaper and there's less processing and handling of food I buy. So, hopefully, there's less risk of contamination, etc.
 
I came up with a great way to make my bulk mixes such as bisquick, cakes, etc. These all need baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar/splenda, or such and making sure they are evenly mixed into the myo mix is now EASY!

Just start with a cup of flour in your large bowl or container and add those necessities. Then mix well. Then add a couple more cups of your flour and mix well again. Continue adding and mixing in your flour. They will be well incorporated by starting this way. Usually, many of us want to start with the large amount of flour first and then start adding the other items. But if we do it in reverse order, it's quick and well mixed so each batch used from it will be a good combination.

I think the reason we do this is because recipes usually start with the flour and then gradually add the other ingredients after the flour. So we literally have to "mix it" in reverse order!

Why didn't I think of this years ago? How many people already knew and do this and never told me?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment