Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Google's new layout complaint!

Gosh I hate to sound negative, but I'm really hating this new layout. I have a cataract and this fine print not only is tiny, but the letters are soooo close together that I just can't read it! I don't need humgeous sized font, but I do need it to be larger than tiny specks of sand smushed together. I don't know how I'm going to manage this. I sure feel for those who have worse visual issues! This also has to be horribly hard for those using screen readers. I'm not sure how they'd manage being the whole thing reads to them and there are soooooo many buttons and all the dropdowns attached to them. :( I can drive and read a book, etc. I'm a long ways from getting cataract surgery too. I don't have a major issue and am a long ways from it being major!

So in the meantime, I'm trying to figure out how to check and see if I have comments waiting for approval. I do moderate all comments to elinate the spam. I get that too so moderating is a good thing.

I'm also finding the google help to be totally worthless. I've wasted a LOT of hours clicking buttons to find out what they are and ending up in multiple places I don't want to go. So I have to just close the whole thing and start over.

The worse thing is that I am positive that this was all done by some department trying to save their jobs at google. If they make a mess like this in the name of it supposedly needing updating they can talk their way into being kept on. Then they have a mess and can keep their job in the name of having to fix all the issues, etc. Yahoo has recently done a similar "update" that is crappy but at least they listened to complaints and made it readable. Google hasn't.

I hope I get somewhere with trying to wade thru this mess instead of the wallering in the mess. Wish me luck! I also hate complaining about something that is FREE, but this I have to as I know it is affecting a lot of people! Off my tack box and back to banging my head on a brick wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment