Thursday, May 5, 2011

War Dogs

Yes, you read that correctly! Did you know that there is a program for being able to support or even adopt US War Dogs?

I think I'd heard of it in the past but it was one of those things that we hear but that's all the further it goes. Today I read an article about the recent events and it had a hot link to learn more about the war dogs and being able to adopt them. German Shepherds have always been one of my most favorite dog breeds and I've owned a few over the years who will always be memorable and hold a place in my heart and memories. So of course I had to go here: http://www.uswardogs.org/index.html to check it out. The site has some memorial recognitions for the war dogs and their handlers, etc. There is a LOT on the site. I've had to add it to my favorites as I know I'd like to explore even more.

If you know of any individuals or groups who would like to support a War Dog, that can be found there also. How neat it could be to support a War Dog on duty! I wish I had the money to do this! Maybe another day when our finances can better affort that postage expense. Supporting the dog wouldn't be that much, but the shippping of items is. :(

So in the meantime, if you'd like to visit the site and review the tributes, awards, memorials, and other info, please do! They and their handlers deserve tribute and blessing they get and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment