Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer!

Today is the first day of Summer! Summer is my favorite month, followed closely by Spring. Everything is green and lush. (Being the yard tractor is "down", it's TOO LUSH!) There are, of course, pros and cons of every season so there are things I don't enjoy about summer too.... such as mosquitoes and the few super hot days that zap me physically. But over all, Summer is my favorite.

The 2nd major thing about Summer is I can wish my cherished mare a happy 11th birthday. Where did the time go? I still remember her birth and early foalhood! Summer is my equine soul mate. I'm so very lucky to have her and even after 11 years, I'm still in awe over having a buttermilk buckskin! And to think I bred her, raised her, and am so deeply attached to her. She's quite attached to me and ALWAYS comes to see me, talks softly, and really seems to enjoy being with me. It's sometimes hard to put emotions on some animals, but with her I almost have to say I think the feeling is mutual. Happy Birthday, Summer. I hope you have many many more!

I hope all of you who kindly read my blog have a wonderful Summer also.

No comments:

Post a Comment