Friday, August 6, 2010

Burnt Pan - Kitchen Tip

This topic came up on a group and I thought it might be a good one to share! I've found that putting a good sized amount of baking soda and water in the pan works for me. I heat it and then put a lid on and let it sit over night. Some times I have to do a second soak. Usually 1 does it as it's usually a few spots in the bottom of my stock pot from cheese making.

I just read a couple new tricks to try!

One is to pour coke in a pan and boil for about 10 minutes. And the other is to cover the burnt area with warm water and then lay a fabric softener sheet over the top, cover and let set over night.

I will have to give these 2 new ideas a try! I do hope I don't have to try them too soon though! Burning pans is something I rather avoid it at all possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment