Saturday, March 19, 2011

Road Trip

Today's agenda:

ROAD TRIP!

We went to Irish Whisper Farms to pick up the new buckling who is 10 days old.

It was a beautiful day for a road trip. I'm not one to enjoy a lot of freeway driving and I DO enjoy seeing the "countryside". So we headed across the state via local roads and saw a lot of farm land along with the usual housing developments, small towns, etc. The snow has JUST melted off and all that is left is the large snow banks which are now black and yucky looking. The farm land and yards aren't green yet but there were a few spots that "show promise". There were some farmers in their fields already working. It's time to make sure the hay fields are in tip top shape to grow and produce well.

It was a nice day and I enjoyed the trip other than I came home TIRED. I also came home late for chores. I was duly informed I was late and there was no reasonable excuse so get the food distributed NOW! There were screams from the barn informing this when I was getting out of the van! I gave them hay before I left! One would think that would account for something! They prefer the hay over grain on a normal day! Not today though! It's not like I'm milking yet so no one was in "udder" distress and hours late for udder relief!

So, I left my new goat herd in the van while I quickly went to feed the natives... before they all dehydrated and blew away, or worse yet, caused a major uprising that would need military intervention! Only Lady Bug was interested in a petting. Of course that's because she is DEMANDING that she return to her normal quarters.... living in the house. She no longer feels she lives in the barn, nor should she have to be subjected to camping out there. She believes she is a princess and therefore in her mind has the elevated belief she has needs that can only be satiated by living inside.

Here's the cliff hanger! Are you ready for it?

Be sure and come back tomorrow and I'll introduce you to the new inmates! The new buckling had to bring a friend home with him. The friend had a friend who had a friend who had a friend...........I said new goat HERD!

I need to get the fire going so be sure to come back for the rest of the story - tomorrow.... baring unforeseen uprisings of the goatie kind!

No comments:

Post a Comment