Sunday, January 24, 2010

News Teaser....

.... just like the tv news! There's a new kid on the block.... actually 2. Stay tuned for tomorrow's story and I'm going to TRY to get some pics to have with the news story!

The even bigger news may be that I did NOT bring the Rhea (mini ostrich) home and he didn't peck me in the head. PHEW! I'm sure the look on my face was priceless to turn around and have a beak nose to nose with me! I guess he was intrigued and needed a close up inspection of the black clips in my gray hair. And he WAS up close and personal. PHEW what a surprise to hear a slight noise behind one and turn expecting hubby to be there! We all got a good laugh and "big bird" took off looking for better entertainment!

"Big bird" was rather interesting. I was wondering if he was the size to fit in a turkey roaster or what. I know a few people who use to raise ostriches for a while and they butchered them. One family owned a restaurant and ostrich was one of the options on the menu. It was good meat but I never met up with one eye to eye!

No comments:

Post a Comment