Monday, May 17, 2010
* Pasturing poultry produces the tastiest, most nutritious eggs.
* Eggs from pastured hens contain up to 20 times more healthy omega-3 fatty acids compared to factory hens.
* Pastured eggs also have 10 percent less fat, 40 percent more vitamin A, and 34 percent less cholesterol than "factory farm" produced eggs.
* Pastured hens' diets are naturally complemented with bugs, earthworms, and other such critters that give their eggs a huge nutritious oomph.
* Pastured hens are usually much healthier and happier than hens with limited or restricted space such as commercially caged hens.
Do you prefer farm raised or pasture produced eggs vs commercially raised eggs from the stores?
Do you have or buy farm raised or pasture produced eggs instead of commercially raised?
Did you realize that "free ranged" technically can refer to commercially raised?
I didn't! I thought it meant they were "farm raised"! Evidentally a lot of us didn't realize that as it's a topic that is being discussed on a lot of poultry groups!