Tuesday, May 25, 2010

This That and the Other Things

It's hard to report on something as important as Pickle Week when you read about it and then follow a link and see a different date! So off I go on a google search thinking this will be quick and easy. Yah, right! Now I have 3, yes 3 different weeks for Pickle Week. AND, they are all LONG "weeks"! In fact, they are 10 days, not a week. With the variety of pickles available, not to mention the relishes, etc, a LONG week is fine with me. They have ample material for their celebration and who wouldn't love to attend a "birthday party" for a pickle? There HAS to be a lot of fun involved and something for everyone. Just imagine the vendors with pickle trinkets such as key chain fobs, pens and pencils, tee shirts, caps, etc. I would like to attend a pickle party and see what all they can come up with! I would think in spite of some seriousness behind it, that most everyone would have to have a good sense of humor and it would end up being a fun event to leave one a trip home with a smile and enjoyable type of tiredness.

Now I just have to figure out if it's May 21st - 31st, May 15th - 24th or May 18th - 28th! And if it's National Pickle Week or International Pickle Week! How confusing is that? I have to wonder if one of those is 2010 and the others previous years that still happen to rate high but alas, I didn't see anything to encourage that line of thought!

Maybe it won't matter after all being it's going to interfere with the homestead as my goats need milked so getting to the party won't be a logistic I can manage. I bet it would have been fun to go! I love pickles and especially dill pickles! Do you have a fav pickle?

Being I couldn't leave well enough alone, did you know there are some who suffer from Tristadekaphobia? Did you even know there is a legit disorder for fear of pickles?

Now that's I've wasted and enjoyed an hour or so of pickle research, I really need to get a move on!

May 26th is National Blueberry Cheesecake Day and National Cherry Dessert Day

May 27th is National Grape Popsicle Day



Traveling on.....

May 28th is Hug Your Cat day!


Hubby has a new kitten who I hadn't announced yet. She came to live with us Sunday and came from a goat dairy. I've got to get a few pictures!
Here's a holiday I can celebrate at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment