Saturday, November 27, 2010

Today ...

feels like Winter is here! We have a skiff of snow that has stayed and been added to from yesterday. The stock tank and buckets of water are freezing so I'm hauling some gallon jugs of hot water to the chickens and goats. Today I MUST get the tank heater in the stock tank. It's stayed below 0 for over 48 hours so the ground is also freezing. I still have to move a few things outside and during the night thought of something I'd forgotten that needs emptied if possible (outdoor laundry tubs).

I'm done hanging laundry out, that's for sure!

The fire went out over night so tonight I'll have to start putting some wood on it during the night. I usually get up a couple times during the night anyway so will just have to do that.

Today I can continue going through Aunt Florence's recipes. I was handed a few cookbooks and envelope with recipes Thanksgiving Day. I'm tickled to have them and the hand written ones was like getting handed some treasured gems! Aunt Florence was a wonderful cook! I think I'll start a notebook as there are some punched pages in the collection. There's too much to just add them to my recipe box. What a gift! I LOVE cookbooks and have far too many. I am always picking some up at Good Will too and have found some GREAT ones.

Today I also need to crop some photos to share with you, my treasured readers!

Today I need to decide what I'm going to make for dinner with some of the leftover turkey that came home with us. After the big dinners we do some "trading" of the left overs so we get to help each other use them up without waste. There are a lot of choices of what to make with the left overs!

And, last but not least, it's time to start wearing some socks when I go out to do chores and outside work! My footies sure felt the cold yesterday! :) I better grab some gloves on the way out too! BRRR!

I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment