Tuesday, November 30, 2010

How to Feel Old

Today is my "baby's" birthday. She's 34. I'd like to ask how that happened, but I think I know the answer.... I blinked!

My oldest daughter is now 38 and the middle daughter will be 36 in a couple weeks. Yes, I blinked a few times there too.

I suspect that I'm going to have to shake my head a whole lot to clear the thought processes in reckoning with THEM turning 40. I was too busy at 40 to have much time to ponder on it and now it's catching up with me - FAST!

My advice, you ask, DON'T take your eyes off your baby! Before you know it they will be turning 30 and looking at YOU while shaking their own head and asking if that makes YOU feel old TOO!! Then in a blink you'll be staring at 40 year old children!

Just don't go there!

No comments:

Post a Comment